If you have a wooden deck, you likely love relaxing on it with family and friends. If you’re looking to create an even better outdoor experience, you might consider adding a wood-burning fire pit. If so, what are the best wood-burning fire pits for a wooden deck?
The best wood-burning fire pit for a wooden deck is the Yaheetech Multifunctional Fire Pit Table. Yaheetech’s fire pit table features a tall frame and mesh lid to keep you and your deck safe from embers. Its unique fire bowl also allows it to work as a cooler or grill.
The rest of this article examines the 4 best (and safest) wood-burning fire pits for a wooden deck. Let’s dive right in!
Best Overall: Yaheetech Multifunctional Fire Pit Table
Yaheetech Multifunctional Fire Pit Table’s unique fire bowl and standing height keep the fire a safe distance from your precious wooden deck and guests. Its multifunctional fire bowl allows you to chill drinks and cook right off the fire.
It’s also a fantastic way to heat a wooden deck, and it also has its own mesh spark screen and waterproof cover. The mesh spark screen keeps dangerous embers from flying on you or your deck, reducing the risk of damage or stains. In addition, the durable cover ensures your new fire pit lasts by staying safe from the weather and other elements.
- Safe design: This fire pit is fully constructed with alloy steel and offers high-quality durability and heat protection. The extra space around the fire bowl also gives a much-needed buffer from you and the heat, even in windy weather. Standing at about 14 inches (36 cm), this fire pit’s long frame keeps the flame a healthy distance from your wooden deck.
- Versatility: Yaheetech’s fire pit table is one of the most versatile wood-burning pits on the market. At its core, it works both as a fire pit and table. However, its unique fire bowl allows space for you not only to barbecue, but you can also use the area to hold and cool your drinks.
- Quick assembly: Its sleek and modern design not only adds to your outdoor aesthetic but also makes for an easy job when it’s time to put it together. Weighing around 26 pounds (11.79 kg), this fire pit table is easy to move around.
- Missing accessories: Although it’s packed with features, this fire pit table still misses some core fire pit safety accessories (such as a fire poker or protective pad) to protect your deck. You’ll also need to purchase your own cooking grate and fire poker separately if you want to use this pit for cooking.
Most Powerful: Better Homes and Gardens Antique Bronze Cast Iron Chiminea
Better Homes and Gardens Antique Bronze Cast Iron Chiminea differs in the typical features you see in an average wood-burning fire pit. It consists of cast iron with a bronze finish, giving it a unique antique style you don’t usually see with your average steel models.
However, the design doesn’t just add to appeal. It carves out its own unique advantages as well.
Its built-in mesh spark screen cover and large chiminea allow you to increase the size of your fire while maintaining visibility and keeping the flames and smoke manageable.
- Gives you an excellent view of the fire: The Antique Bronze Cast Iron Chiminea is unmatched in its fire-viewing potential. Its large chimney keeps pesky smoke out of your eyes and lungs. However, its complete mesh spark covering keeps embers in place, allowing for a safe and enjoyable 360-degree view of the fire.
- Minimal accessories needed: As mentioned above, Better Homes and Gardens Antique Bronze Cast Iron Chiminea comes with its mesh guard to control embers, but it also comes with a fire poker. This gives you complete control over the size and power of your fire. It also sports a built-in tray to catch excess ash or debris, which is essential in protecting your wooden deck from the effects of your fire pit.
- Unique look: While enjoying a good bonfire is easy, picking the right fire often comes down to a good look more than just functionality. This fire pit allows you to separate your space from your peers with a more traditional piece versus the abundance of modern designs of today.
- Large size: While its large design might appeal to some, many people may find it cumbersome. Its unique design also can make it a bit trickier to assemble and inconvenient to move around.
- Lacks durability: Put simply, cast iron isn’t as durable as its steel counterparts. You’ll need to be more cautious and protective of this fire pit than the typical one. Also, while it comes with many essential safety accessories, you’ll need to buy a cover separately.
Most Cost-Effective: SINGLYFIRE 22-Inch Fire Pit
SINGLYFIRE’s 22-inch (56 cm) Fire Pit is perfect for covering all the essentials of a wood-burning fire pit. Small but efficient, this quick-to-assemble fire pit comes packaged with a mesh spark screen and fire pit.
The modern black design and full alloy steel keep it durable, heat resistant, and equipped for long-term use.
- No need to buy additional accessories: The SINGLYFIRE 22-inch Fire Pit comes equipped with its own spark guard to control embers and a fire pit to control the flame. No extra purchases are required.
- Warranty: Convenient in multiple ways, this fire pit also comes 1-year warranty and 24/7 customer service.
- Easy to assemble: This fire pit comes with simple instructions, and the easy four-leg assembly allows you to enjoy your new fire pit immediately.
- Size: While its size is helpful for mobility and storage, this fire pit cannot easily accommodate larger fires. Also, if you have a large wooden deck and enjoy hosting many houseguests, this fire pit might be too small.
The Easiest To Use: Solo Stove Ranger 2.0, Smokeless Fire Pit
The Solo Stove Ranger 2.0 is a must-have for anyone who values ease of use and safety. Its compact size and unique 360° airflow designs make for a mobile pit with minimal smoke. This technology allows you to enjoy the heat without having to contend with a harsh smoke smell.
By the way, you might find this interesting: Solo Stove vs Breeo, which is better?
This fire pit is made from polished stainless steel to boost its resistance and durability. The built-in removable ash pan allows it safely catch and store ash keeping it from harming your wooden deck. You can easily remove the ash pan, allowing you to return to your next bonfire quickly.
- Size: The Ranger maintains the perfect size to share with friends while not being a hassle to move. It weighs around 15 pounds (6.8 kg) and is significantly lighter than a typical fire pit.
- Built with safety in mind: Its unique airflow technology pulls from the bottom, letting you experience pure heat without harmful smoke in your clothes or hair. The built-in ash pan catches fine ash and protects your wooden deck.
- Easy to use: Unlike typical fire pits, The Ranger’s unique construction removes any need for extra parts or assembly. Removing the base and ash pan is easy, letting you quickly clean and reassemble it.
- Power: Solo Stove Ranger 2.0’s small size makes it easy to move around, but you shouldn’t expect to create large, roaring fires with it.
- Lack of accessories: This fire pit’s design makes it far safer than the average pit. You’ll need to purchase your own fire poker, pad, and cover for proper protection.
Wood-burning fire pits can offer both comfort and style to your wooden deck. Yet, it can become hard to find the ideal model for your needs when considering factors such as safety, features, and long-term usability. Knowing your options and proper fire safety tips will ensure your choice is one you will enjoy for plenty of long nights and early mornings to come.