Propane fire pits are great additions to camping trips because they empower you to have a safer and cleaner fire pit you can use to cook, warm up, roast marshmallows, and set the tone for ghost stories. There are many propane fire pits on the market, so it can be difficult to know which one to buy.
The best portable propane fire pit for RVs is the Camp Chef GCLOGM Portable Fire Pit because it is compact and doesn’t take up too much space. Additionally, it can run for 7.5 hours on 20 pounds (9.07 kg) of propane, and it comes with glowing lava rocks.
In the rest of this article, I’ll explain the legality of fire pits and offer my recommendations for the best propane fire pits for RVs. If you’re craving the comfort of a fire for your next camping trip, keep reading!
Top 3 Recommendations!
Are Portable Propane Fire Pits Allowed for RVs?
Portable propane fire pits are often allowed for RVs because most of these pits are burn-ban safe. Burn bans prohibit outdoor burning from preventing forest fires or too much smoke, but these bans often don’t include fire pits.
If the area you’re camping in has a fire ban in place, that ban will have guidelines that outline what kinds of fire pits are allowed. You should check the guidelines carefully to see if you’re permitted to use a fire pit.
Best Overall: Camp Chef GCLOGM Portable Fire Pit
There’s a lot to love about this portable propane fire pit. My favorite thing about it is how compact it is. The legs completely fold up underneath the pit, so it’ll take up less space in your RV. I also appreciate the easy-to-use flame adjustment heat-control lever and lava rock that helps disperse the heat and give your fire a more authentic feel.
Your purchase of this propane fire pit also comes with a carry bag for easier transport and two roasting sticks, so get ready to get your s’more on!
- This fire pit is extremely compact, so it won’t take up too much space in your RV.
- The pit has a relatively high run time (7.5 hours) with just twenty pounds (9.07 kg) of propane.
- The pit has lava rocks that glow, providing a better campfire vibe.
- Your purchase comes with a carry bag and roasting sticks.
- The fire pit is very small, so it might not be ideal for larger families and groups.
- With 55,000 BTU, this fire pit is not as powerful as some alternatives.
Easiest To Carry: Outland Living Firecube Propane Gas Fire Pit
This fire pit is small and lightweight, so if ease of transport is important to you, this might be your best option. Despite its small size, the burner still packs a punch with an impressive 58,000 BTU, so even though the flame is small, it is fierce!
The pit is made of high-quality steel and has a protective enamel finish, so it will last for many trips. The included lava rocks help enhance the flickering effect and provide a sense of authenticity to your flame.
This fire pit is safe to use in most areas with fire bans, although you should always check the area’s regulations before you use it. If you purchase this kit, you’ll receive the fire bowl, a cover and carry kit, and a ten-foot propane hose.
- The propane hose is long, so you can keep the tank out of the way as you enjoy the fire.
- The pit comes with a cover and carrying case for easier transport.
- The 58,000 BTU burner will keep you warm in most conditions.
- This pit is extremely lightweight.
- The flame doesn’t get as large as some users might like.
- The pit might be too small for some users.
Safety is of utmost priority with this propane pit, and it is approved for use during most campfire bans, although you should always check to ensure. This pit burns clean and smokeless, which is ideal for keeping your loved ones warm in tight campgrounds and your backyard without forcing them to breathe smoke.
The galvanized steel this pit is made with is high-quality and durable, and the protective enamel finish ensures this product’s longevity.
- At just 22 pounds (10 kg), this fire pit is extremely lightweight.
- The 10-foot (3 m) hose empowers you to keep the propane tank out of the way and out of sight.
- This fire pit is slightly more expensive than comparable pits.
Most Lightweight: Bond Manufacturing Aurora Portable Gas Fire Pit
At just 18 pounds (8 kg), this portable propane fire pit is the lightest of all my recommendations, but it still provides a sufficient flame you can enjoy on your next RV trip. This pit comes with a lid, stones, tank holder, gas hose, and regulator.
The steel frame is high-quality and sturdy, and the rubbed bronze finish protects the pit from the elements and promotes its longevity.
- The pit comes at an affordable price.
- It’s extremely lightweight and easy to carry.
- At only 50,000 BTU output, this fire pit might not be as powerful as you’d like.
- It might be too small to provide sufficient warmth for large groups.
The following table outlines some of the key features of these fire pits so you can determine which one is right for you more easily:
|Camp Chef GCLOGM
|27.1 pounds (12.3 kg)
|20 x 19.5 x 11.5 inches (51 x 49.5 x 29 cm)
|Outland Living Firecube
|22.5 pounds(10.2 kg)
|14 x 14 x 9 inches (35.6 x 35.6 x 23 cm)
|22 pounds (10 kg)
|19.25 x 19.25 x 11.5 inches (49 x 49 x 29 cm)
|18 pounds (8 kg)
|18.5 x 18.5 x 14.65 inches(47 x 47 x 37.2 cm)
Propane fire pits allow you to quickly and easily have a safe and clean-burning fire on your campsite that you can use for cooking or warming up. There are many great propane fire pits on the market, but my favorite is the Camp Chef GCLOGM Portable Fire Pit because it is compact, has a high run time, and comes with lava rocks.